DraftStar Star Camps 'NOW IN GEELONG'
DraftStar Star Camps feature AFL skills and drills designed by DraftStar's Ambassadors, and are solely focussed on what makes the best players in the game elite.
With DraftStar coming up to its 5th birthday, we are excited to announce the newest part of the family - DRAFTSTAR GEELONG, ran by superstars of the game Brad Johnson (BULLDOGS) and Cameron Mooney (CATS) who combined have over 40years of AFL/VFL footy experience, and aim to target the vibrant footy land that is in and around the Geelong area.
This July 2015 the boys will be kicking off in the Geelong region with a spread of testing and camp events. Along with exciting events in Ballarat, Kilmore, Kielor, Frankston, Warragul, Burwood, and Glenferrie, we are sure there is a camp throughout the school holidays that is perfect for YOU
At DraftStar, we run both residential and non-residential footy camps every school holidays around Victoria/Australia. One day Star Camps are for boys and girls of all abilities between the ages of 10 and 15, while the Residential (Assumption College 2 day Camps and Gippsland 2 day camp) are for athletes between 11 - 17 – the only must have items are a love of footy and a desire to be your best. You will be grouped according to age and ability, so the program can be tailored to get the maximum improvement out of everyone that attends.
DraftStar Camps are a real AFL experience. They are run by past AFL players Such as Ben Dixon and Robbie Campbell from the HAWKS and Brad Johnson from the BULLDOGS and Cameron Mooney from The CATS, along with DraftStar accredited Coaches, we use the latest in AFL testing procedures and training techniques. If you have ambitions to play in the AFL, it’s the perfect way to see what it takes to get there and to talk to those who made it.
Registering 2 or more athletes from one family is even better. Each additional kid receives 50% discount off the camp cost. Call us in the office on 03 9020 5655 and we’ll take your booking.
DraftStar Star Camp Fundamentals
DraftStar Star Camps focus on five core areas:
- Elite level skills and fitness development: We are the only group authorised to conduct AFL standardised testing that can identify individual strengths and weaknesses (only at 2 day Assumption Star Camp). Elite level coaching techniques are then used to develop athletes skill wise using AFL drills designed by our AFL ambassadors.
- Football education: A mixture of match simulation and classroom sessions are conducted to increase general Football knowledge and to help athletes who attend understand the game of AFL like the elite players.
- Character and leadership development: These are top of the list for AFL recruiters. DraftStar Star Camps focus heavily on developing each athlete as a young man or woman so that when they leave the program they have gained life skills as well as Football skills. Each Camp has one specific leadership focus which may include: public speaking, team work, communications skills or goal setting.
- Preparation: DraftStar Star Camps have a truly holistic approach, each Camp focuses on one aspect of an AFL Footballer's preparation. This may include sessions on: nutrition, hydration and recovery, warm ups, rehab or strength training.
- Fun: We never lose sight of the fact that the athletes who come to our camps are kids who love their footy. Life-long friendships will be forged at DraftStar Star Camps, with memories to last a lifetime.
*It is our ambition to have a current AFL/VFL player available in attendance at every event for the kids to meet and learn off, but please be sure to check when booking so not to be disappointed.